Tuesday, November 15, 2011

3 Things I Love

-->
Waylon Jennings.  There are so many reasons to love Waylon.  That voice.  That slightly greasy outlaw look.  The fact that he named his kid Shooter.  And that he formed a band as a kid called "The Texas Longhorns."  Love me some Waylon.



 The Bombshell Manual of Style by Laren Stover.  This is such a fun book.  There is something in me that just loves the idea of a bombshell.  I find myself turning to this one when I need to feel a little girly-girl after wearing a hardhat and work boots half my life.  It will definitely give you a little glam inspiration. Give it a read.  Detonate your inner bombshell.

The Turtleneck Dickie.  When I was a kid, my Sweet Mama had some dickies.  She kept her dickies in a drawer.  I don't remember her ever wearing her dickies but I know she had them, because I secretly tried my hardest not to laugh and laugh every time I heard the word "dickie."  When I grew up, I worked outside in the cold.  I wore a turtleneck to stay warm. When I would come inside to warm up, I would have a meltdown because it was too hot for a turtleneck.  But it was too much trouble to take off all my other layers in order to remove the turtleneck, which I would need to put back on again when I went back out to work in the cold.  Enter the Turtleneck Dickie.  You wear your dickie, it keeps your neck warm.  You get hot, you just whip that dickie off and keep your cool.  Then before you go back out in the cold, you put your dickie back on and you're good to go.  Dickies are the best.  I love dickies!

No comments:

Post a Comment